Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Goings on

Posts have been a bit scanty recently. I've been reading up on the Apollo and Dionysus business for the next Campbell RoundTable meeting on the 8th, but mostly I've been getting all my non-writing business caught up in preparation for participating in National Novel Writing Month, which is held in November. I've decided that I won't be working on "The Mythologist", as it's already in mid-stream. Instead, I've decided to try to write a children's novel that I've had in mind for some time. The goal is to complete 50k words in the month of November, which comes out to about 175 pages, which should be just about right for a children's novel. I don't have a title for it yet, but it's about two siblings who discover a magic book. When you write words in the book, then put your hand on the pages, you're sucked into a story based on the words that you wrote in the book. The kids discover the book in the house of their new next door neighbor, a kindly old explorer and professor of (you guessed it) mythology. So, we'll see how it goes. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens if I just write full out for a month, and see where the story takes me. I think it'll be an interesting experiment.

No comments: