Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Novel Writing Month


It's been a few days since I last posted, sorry about that. I've had some things I've been thinking over throughout the weekend, mostly related to whether or not I'm serious about committing to losing weight. A friend responded to my recent post about the pursuit of perfection with an offer to work out together, so I'm deciding if I'm ready to get started for real.

In other news, next month is National Novel Writing Month, and I've decided to participate this year, in an attempt to get The Mythologist written once and for all. I figure if I work, balls out, for one month, I can get about 200 hours in over 30 days, which may be enough to get a first draft finished, which would be such a relief. So, that would mean, no housework, no knitting, no reading, no working out, etc. for one month. I think I can do it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that friend is still willing. if you're talking about me of course. :)

i'm still wrestling with that same question. (Have wrestled with it for just about half my life, I think, or even a bit more.)

i think it's actually harder to do when you're happy with your life. there seems to be less urgency to it (at least for me, anyway).

anyway, let me know. we can have coffee or something and hang around in the 'contemplation' phase for a while before getting serious about it :D