Friday, October 05, 2007

Round Table Discussions for next year

I've been trying to get more RT members interested in coming to the meetings, so I've got some new strategies for after the first of the year. This fall we've been discussing the archetypal roles of the greek gods. The first meeting, in September, was on Aphrodite, but unfortunately only one person showed up. Partially my fault, though, because I got the word out late. This month the meeting is on Artemis. I'll be sending out a newsletter to the RT later today on what we'll be doing going forward. In November, we'll talk about Apollo and Dionysus, and December will be on Zeus and Hera, the Royal Marriage. I'll post a little essay on each class the next day.

Anyway, going forward I thought we might do a series on Campbell's "The Masks of God". I think many Campbell fans may be intimidated by them, given the length and intensity of the series. So, one discussion each on "Primitive Mythology", "Oriental Mythology", "Occidental Mythology", and "Creative Mythology". We'll see how that goes.

No comments: