Thursday, October 04, 2007

Recent events

Joseph Campbell says in The Power of Myth that when you follow your bliss, doors will fly open where there had been none previously (I'm paraphrasing). That has definitely been the case for me over the past couple of weeks. I've had some wonderful opportunities come up for me career-wise. Fiction writing wise, I've had one of my favorite authors ask to see one of my stories. He asked for it, I didn't ask him to read it-important point. Anyway, he's going to give me some help/advice on where I might publish it. So-woohoo!

In more myth-related news, I've been invited to submit papers to two conferences in 2008-one in Santa Barbara, and one in Zurich. I'm also preparing a paper for an upcoming issue of Spring Journal. So, overall, lots going on, and it's exciting, after so many months of treading water, primarily caring for Alex.

No comments: