Friday, November 09, 2007

A Funeral and the Round Table

We're headed over to Eastern Oregon in a couple of hours for my Granddad's funeral-he passed away on Monday. I feel sad that I didn't know him better-when I was growing up, I didn't see my mom too much, and consequently I didn't see her parents much either. I know his death was in some ways a relief (his body had been failing him for a while), but it's still a bummer when someone passes on. It is a chance to see some relatives that I don't see often from my mom's side, and we get to show off our cute baby. :)

In other, cheerier news, the November Round Table meeting was last night-two people showed up. We really didn't talk about Apollo and Dionysus much-they didn't seem too interested. Instead I spent the time getting to know them better. It appears that this series on the Greek gods hasn't been a big hit. I'm hoping for a better turnout with the "Masks of God" series I'll be getting started in January. Oh well.

No comments: