Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Catching up

Haven't blogged in a while-sorry about that. Let's catch up.

After the funeral, Alex and I both caught colds, just as we were ramping up for Thanksgiving. I was feeling better by Thanksgiving am, in time to get the turkey into the oven. The holiday was great-we had 13 for dinner. Friends and family, it was exactly as the holiday should be. I'm definitely looking forward to Christmas. Ron's sister Theresa will be home from Japan, and all of his siblings but one will be at our house for the holiday. We'll also be celebrating Alex's first birthday party on the 22nd.

My birthday is also approaching (my 38th) on the 12th of December. I'm finding myself a bit melancholy this year. Not really sure why, but I suspect that it has to do with the fact that I don't find myself with a completed novel and an in-shape self, as I had hoped to by the end of 2007. Now that Alex is getting a little older and into his toddlerhood, and I've got the whole "being a mother" down a bit, I'm hoping for a rosier 2008 in those two areas.

On the getting in shape front, I've been walking with my friend Anandi at the dog park every morning. It's great for Hank, and she brings one of her two dogs as well. After a mere week of this, I'm feeling more energetic and ever so slightly slimmer. I'm still committed to my goal of being in great shape when I celebrate my 40th in two years, and I finally feel that I'm making progress.

As to the work on my novel, things are not as rosy. I took the situation with Charles de Lint perhaps harder than I should have. National Novel Writing Month has not gone as well as I had hoped either. However, I will persevere.

Our December round table meeting is on Zeus and Hera and the Royal Marriage, with delvings into the archetypes of the father and the mother (via Demeter). I've just started work on that material this week. I'm actually looking forward to moving on to our meetings on The Masks of God-it doesn't appear that this Greek Gods series was of interest to anyone but myself.

No comments: