Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Parking lot conversations about myth

An interesting day in the life of a stay at home mom with literary/mythological aspirations.

Alex was a very smiley boy all day. I love to play the game where I tickle his cheek with his toes, and he loves it too. Now he's starting to laugh before I even touch his face, which is hilarious.

Took Pepper to the vet today-she looks good, for 13 years old. He is having me put all the cats on Revolution for parasite control, rather than Advantage, in order to keep the worm situation under control, because of the baby in the house.

After the vet, we dropped Pepper off at home then headed to Costco to pick up a few things. In the parking lot, the lady parked next to us told me that she was going to check the web site on my bumper sticker. A little background-a few weeks ago, I ordered a bumpersticker from the Mythic Imagination Institute's Cafe Press page. It says: "a story can change the world", then has the website address. She told me that she's been getting interested in meditation and similar things, then asked me what it means that a story can change the world. So, I got to go into the 30 second version of my schtick.

Soon after we got home Leah came to watch Alex, so I got a few hours for the novel. I'm getting really excited about it and how it's going. I think I'll have the opportunity to really get into some of the things that I'm interested in talking about with myth and story and their importance in the world.

No comments: